Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Paul Ashley Brown = A rising comic star...

WOW!!!
I hate being shit. Paul Ashley Brown sent me an envelope with 2 comics a few weeks ago, and ive been so busy (and also at the same time slack) that I never got to post this sooner - so im really really sorry Paul! But Dilly reading world... if you like comics, this guy is really amazing!!!
Both comics below are available from Paul at paulashleybrown@googlemail.com...and you really should get your hands on these comics!
First up is Browner Knowle number one (Black and white photocopied)
This is his observations of his local neighbourhood and the cast that live there. The people and backdrops could be anywhere urban on this dirty planet, but it also feels very english...but perhaps thats just me! The observations of characters are extremly well written and spot on, both truthful, funny and moving, and the written accounts are accompanied by his fantastic illustrations. I really really loved this comic, it was something i read and re-read, and for a change the text was awesome, as were the illustrations, and they both worked very well together. If you have £4, email Paul for a copy...it really is worth it!




The second zine he graciously included was called SUM YO-YO STUFF which took me a while to get my head round...why? it is a hand bound (with cool string) collection of his hand drawn illustrations...thats right, you get a bunch of original artwork!!! Serious, to get such a lot of lovely illustrations hand watercoloured or pencilled...well fuck me!!! thats gotta be worth the £6 asking price!!!! each one is different (obviously) but i was lucky enough to get my two favourite subjects in my copy - a naked lady and a fanatical muslim - AWESOME!!!! again, hit up Paul if you want a copy, but these are obv. mad mad limited


THANK YOU PAUL!!! AND PLEASE HURRY UP AND DO MORE!!!! I NEED ISSUE 2 OF BROWNER KNOWLE!!!

No comments: